The October Escape is for Gravel in 2018. The traditional spin down to the coast for the Amashova Classic is almost a pilgrimage for many riders.
Having enjoyed the traditional ride on many occasions, we are planning the 'October Escape' with a twist in 2018!
Gravel bikes are in, and we will include an adventurous 3 days of riding the back roads before we tackle the Amashova on the final day.
- 18 October - Travel to Harrismith - Ride from Harrismith - Northern Drakensberg - 70km approx
- 19 October - Northern Berg - Central Berg - 100km approx.
- 20 October - Central Berg - Natal Midlands - 150km approx.
- 21 October - Midlands Drop & Amashova Race event - 25km + 106km
The route offers a back road gravel adventure, an exciting arrival to the accommodation venue on the first day, and fantastic Drakensberg back roads leading to the Midlands.
The trip is designed with Gravel Bikes in mind, so that we can travel the dirt, and ride the Amashova road event down to Durban competently, all on the same bike.
Gravel bikes preferable to mountain bikes, but not exclusive, for a mixture of pavement and gravel roads, along with some adventurous exploration.
- Transport from JHB, ride begins in Harrismith, ends at the Sea. Return Transport to JHB
- Accommodation including meals.
- Support vehicles
- Amashova Entry
- Beverages at the accommodation venues.
- Personal and Medical Insurance
Cost per person: R8500
Group size will be limited.
RSVP & book your place - e-mail email@example.com